If you have been definitively diagnosed with sleep apnea, your doctor will prescribe the use of a continuous positive airway pressure machine to significantly lessen your symptoms. Hopefully, you should be able to live a more normal life of restful sleep and, hence, a healthier mind and body.
However, it cannot be denied that a CPAP machine with its accessories can be expensive with prices starting at $800. Fortunately, you can avail of trials for new patients to bypass such an expensive price tag.
What It Is
Basically, the trials for new patients are designed for sleep apnea patients who are unable or unwilling to make a final decision regarding the purchase of a machine. These trials come in three basic ways:
* You can avail of a 7-10 day trial period in which the CPAP machine can be used for free or for a nominal fee.
* You may also rent the CPAP machine on a monthly basis, with rents starting at around $100 depending on the model.
* You can also enroll in a lease-to-own program over a year-long period.
You just need to choose which one suit you best although it must be emphasized that before you enroll in the lease-to-own program, the unit is the right one for you, mask and all.
When to Avail
Of course, the severity and frequency of your sleep apnea episodes are the main determinants in your decision regarding when to avail of the trials for new patients. When your doctor deems it necessary to use a machine, you should follow his advice lest your symptoms lead to more serious, even life-threatening, complications.
You will not even have to worry about the cost of renting since the trials are very easy on the pocket. Besides, the health benefits far outweigh the financial costs in the long run.
Where to Enroll
Usually, manufacturers and retailers of CPAP machines and masks offer the three above mentioned trials for new patients. You have to read the terms and conditions of the trials lest you find yourself burdened with a machine that does nothing for the improvement of your symptoms.
There are many reasons to avail of the CPAP Masks trials for new patients, of which the following are the most important:
* Choose from among many styles and sizes that best fit your treatment plans and spend less money than when you have purchased many models.
* Avail of the benefits of using a machine while waiting for insurance to be processed. Keep in mind that you cannot wait for the slow wheels of the insurance system to roll in your favor before availing of sleep apnea treatment.
* Save money by choosing from two options: make monthly payments with the option to purchase the unit in 6 months or go for medical financing with payments spread over 1-3 years.